%22The purpose of life is a life of purpose. A life of purpose is a life of service, you get to choose how, what and who you serve.%22
Heart Core Yoga School is an internationally accredited Teacher Training Program of Anusara Yoga as a Yoga Alliance 200 RYS Yoga Teacher Training school.
Heart Core Yoga teacher training program is fun and empowering! The program is taught in sequential order from the very basics, so if you’ve never taught anyone anything you will learn the skills to guide people into their heart through their yoga postures in an hour and half class based in Anusara yoga. If you are already teaching another style of hatha yoga, you will gain more tools and skills for your teaching. Even if you never want to teach yoga, you will learn tools and communication skills that will serve in your daily life. The Heart Core Yoga Teacher Training program is taught as an intensive, broken into six sections: Immersions 1, 2, 3, Teacher Training 1, 2, 3.
- The Immersions are dedicated entirely to learning and embodying the method through asana and philosophy.
- The Teacher Trainings are dedicated entirely to learning the skills to teach the method.
- All six must be completed with Benita to qualify for the YA RYT 200 hr teaching certificate from Heart Core Yoga. HCY (Benita Galvan) has been an RYT school since 2009.
For the Anusara® School of Hatha Yoga™ teacher training credits:
- Students are expected to complete a minimum of 100 hours in Anusara Yoga Immersions before entering into the teacher training program.
- The immersions may be done with any currently licensed Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher, although to qualify for Yoga Alliance, immersions must be done with Benita.
- All hours with HCY and Benita count towards Anusara licensing.
- Upon completion of HCY 200 hr TT with Benita, the student qualifies for Anusara Elements™, the entry level licensed teacher certificate with the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga.
To qualify to register for a Yoga Alliance 200 hr RYT certification from Heart Core Yoga School (Benita) all the immersions and teacher training must to be done through Heart Core Yoga and will include:
- Completion of Heart Core Yoga’s Anusara yoga Immersion 1, 2, 3 totaling 108 hrs
- Teacher Trainings in Anusara yoga totaling 108 hrs
This will qualify you to register with both of the internationally recognized yoga teacher licensing organizations. Anusara School of Hatha Yoga licenses teachers in Anusara yoga, a specific method of hatha yoga, and Yoga Alliance licenses teachers and represents many methods of hatha yoga. Teacher Training One focuses on:
- Taking the Seat of the teacher
- Creating inspiring meaningful heart themes
- Skillful language skills to weave theme in the postural instruction with Cit Ananda
- One – on – One and group practice teaching
- Observation skills to see beauty, enhance and empower your students.
- Verbal Adjustments
- Building class template
- Skillful Sequencing supporting an apex pose
- Intro – Powerful Demos
- Intro – Manual Adjustments
- Intro – Therapeutic Adjustments
Teacher Training Two:
- Refinement of all the above
Teacher Training Three:
- Refinement of all the above
- Refinement focus on weaving the theme with Cit Ananda
- Manual and Therapeutic adjustments
- Anusara School of Hatha Yoga Licensing process;
- Yoga Alliance RYT 200 hr Licensing process
- *Completion of 100 hour minimum of Anusara Yoga immersion (or permission from BJ)
- *Completed Anusara Philosophy and Alignment test of Immersion 1, 2, 3
- *Acceptance of Application, permission from BJ
- *Completion of JF or ASHY Anusara Teacher Training Manual (read)
- *Completion of JF or ASHY Anusara Master Immersion Manual (read)
- *Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar (read)